Pesto Pizza Knots
Combine pizza dough and pesto and you've got yourself a winning combination in these low FODMAP pesto pizza knots!
- 1.25 cups low FODMAP plain flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup low FODMAP green pesto
- 1 egg
Makes 8 knots.
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), add 1 cup of flour, the sugar, yeast and warm water. Mix with a dough hook, or a wooden spoon and your hands, until a rough dough forms.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave the dough in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 180C.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and add the salt, oil and remaining 1/4 flour to the top. Knead until it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough in two and roll each portion out into a rectangle (they should be around the same size).
- Spread the pesto all over one of the rectangles, and top with the other layer of dough.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into eight even strips.
- Take each strip and twist it until it looks like a plait, and then roll it into a snail shell shape. Place each knot on a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, and brush over the top of each knot.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.