Tikka-Inspired Chicken Curry
This low FODMAP Tikka-Inspired Chicken Curry is beautifully flavourful and so simple to make. This recipe pairs perfectly with some fluffy rice and naan bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 common tomato
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4-1/2 cup lactose free cream or yoghurt
- 250g chicken stir fry strips (can swap for firm tofu)
Makes: 4 servings
- Chop the tomato and set aside. If you are substituting tofu for the chicken, you can also cut this into cubes now.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the spices, frying off to release their flavour.
- Add the chicken and fry until browned, stirring so that each piece is coated in the spices.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chopped tomato, tomato paste and yoghurt or cream.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. If your sauce becomes too thick, you can add some extra cream, water or chicken stock.
- Serve with basmati rice and/or naan.