Sweet & Sour-Inspired Pork
A Low FODMAP Sweet & Sour-Inspired Pork dish that's definitely going to make it into your weekly dinner rotation!
- 250g pork fillet
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
Makes: 4 servings
- Wash and chop the carrot and capsicum and set aside.
- On a clean chopping board, cut the pork fillet into chunks and add to a bowl with the cornflour, tossing to coat.
- In a bowl or measuring jug, add the sugar, chicken stock, miso, pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, tamari and oyster sauce and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
- Add the pork, frying until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add the carrot and capsicum, stirring occasionally until just tender.
- Turn the heat to low and add the sauce as well as the pineapple chunks.
- Add a splash of water to the bowl your pork was in, and stir the remaining cornflour in to make a slurry. Add this to the saucepan and stir through the sauce.
- Once thickened, turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice and optional low FODMAP parts of a spring onion.