It's a low FODMAP treat that can be enjoyed all year round, but these Snickerdoodles are going to remind you of the most wonderful time of the year with all their buttery, cinnamony goodness.
Makes: 18 cookies. Low FODMAP serving size: 4 cookies.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and allow butter to soften for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil, butter and sugars with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour, almond meal, cream of tartar and cinnamon gradually, whisking between each addition.
- Place about 1/4 cup caster sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon into a small bowl and mix together.
- Roll the dough into balls of about 2 tbsp and coat them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Refrigerate on the tray for 45mins.
- Once chilling time is complete, preheat the oven to 180C.
- Bake the cookies in batches of 10-12 minutes or until golden. Do NOT press the cookies down, they will spread themselves.