Salted Caramel Milkshake
Low FODMAP Salted Caramel milkshakes are just not the same without homemade salted caramel!
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 40g butter
- 1/3 cup lactose free cream
- 3 scoops lactose free vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 cups lactose free milk
Makes: 3 serves
- To make the caramel, add the sugar to a saucepan on medium-high heat and heat until the sugar melts and begins to colour. Make sure to keep an eye on the sugar and take it off the heat when it is amber in colour.
- Once taken off the heat, add the butter and whisk quickly until it is dissolved.
- Then add the cream and whisk in until it stops bubbling.
- Return the saucepan to low heat briefly and stir in a few pinches of salt. After a minute, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the caramel is cool, add 1/2 cup of this caramel to a blender cup with the ice cream and milk and blend until smooth.
- Rim and decorate the glasses with extra caramel before serving.