How can one simple pasta dish carry so much punch and flavour? I have no idea, but I’m very pleased to bring you this low FODMAP Penne Arrabiata so that we may all enjoy it.
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 6 common tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4-1 tsp red chilli flakes, to taste
- 1.5-2 cups low FODMAP pasta
- Chopped parsley, parmesan, to serve
Makes: 2 serves
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add the garlic infused olive oil to a frying pan and heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and red wine, cooking on medium for approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the Worcestershire, salt, pepper and red chilli flakes, and cover.
- Allow to simmer, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until the tomatoes have broken down and formed a sauce.
- Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Before draining, add a few spoonfuls of the pasta water to your sauce, depending on your desired sauce consistency.
- Drain the pasta, and add into the sauce, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add chopped parsley and grated parmesan to serve, if desired.