Pea & Pumpkin Risotto
A warming and hearty risotto is exactly what we need to get through the winter months! This Low FODMAP risotto will not steer you wrong.
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups low FODMAP chicken stock, hot
- 1/4 cup lactose free cream
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 100g frozen green peas
- 200g butternut pumpkin
- salt and pepper
- basil, to garnish
- Dice the pumpkin into bite sized pieces and roast or air fry them until golden brown and cooked through.
- White the pumpkin is roasting, heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat, and add the rice to lightly toast it.
- Add the white wine and allow this to cook off before turning the heat down to a simmer.
- Once all the wine has been absorbed, add the hot chicken stock in half-cup increments, stirring frequently until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- When the stock has all been absorbed, check your rice to ensure it is cooked. If not, add some more stock and cook down.
- Add the cream and parmesan and stir through until well incorporated.
- Turn off the heat and add in your roasted pumpkin, frozen green peas, salt and pepper and cover to allow the peas to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.