If like me your passionfruit vine yield was off the charts this season (or alternatively, if you really just like passionfruit), this low FODMAP cheesecake is a sweet and delicious way to enjoy some of the fruits of your labour.
- 200g plain biscuits (gluten free if required)
- 50g butter
- 500g cream cheese (lactose free if required)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cream, whipped (lactose free if required)
- 200g passionfruit pulp
- 2 gelatine leaves, optional
Makes: 8 servings
- Line a 20cm springform tin with baking paper. Remove the cream cheese from the fridge to soften.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, crush the biscuits until they form a fine crumb.
- Combine the biscuits and melted butter and pour into the springform tin. Using a spoon, level out the base.
- Refrigerate the base while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the caster sugar with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and whipped cream and beat until evenly incorporated.
- Stir through the passionfruit pulp.
- Optional: prepare two gelatine leaves according to packet instructions and fold through the mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the refrigerated base and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes before serving.