Classic Choc Chip Cookies
The Classic Choc Chip cookie - absolutely nothing beats it. Crispy edges and a soft, gooey centre with oozy chocolate and a salty finish.
- 150g salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- dash vanilla
- 1.75 cups low FODMAP plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
Makes 12 cookies
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the sugars, egg and vanilla and whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Sift in the flour and add the baking powder and salt. Stir until a batter forms.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold through the batter until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate the batter for 40-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet.
- Using a standard cookie scoop, scoop out 6 cookies at a time and spread them evenly on the lined tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and then cool completely on the tray before removing.