Choc Fudge Crinkle Cookies
These choc fudge crinkle cookies are delicious, rich and gooey. They are the perfect delicious treat for the festive season!
- 110 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups low FODMAP plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, for rolling
Makes: 12 cookies
- Add butter to a large mixing bowl and allow to soften.
- Once soft, add the sugars and cream together using an electric whisk.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, cornflour and add the baking powder and salt. Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out into 12 balls and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for an hour.
- When there is 10 minutes left in chilling time, line another baking sheet and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Once the cookie dough is chilled, add the icing sugar to a small ball. Roll each cookie dough ball in the icing sugar.
- Place the cookies on the tray with space in between for them to spread (you might like to do 2 batches). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before moving, as these cookies are supposed to be soft and will fall apart if you move them while they're too warm.