Let's make this American classic, but let's make it low FODMAP! All you really need to know is... peanut butter fudge-y goodness meets chocolate.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 80g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Makes: 15 buckeyes
- In a food processor or using a handheld electric whisk, combine the icing sugar, peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla and salt until it begins to clump together. If you would prefer a more sticky and fudge-like consistency, you can add more peanut butter or melted butter.
- Divide the mixture into 15 and mold it into balls using your hands.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a deep container or glass.
- Using a toothpick, partially submerge each of the peanut butter balls into the chocolate until you can only see a small circle of the peanut butter mixture.
- Return the buckeyes to the fridge to set and until you serve them.